Custom Blog Design

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh so simple

Do you ever have an idea that seems too simple so you kinda blow off the idea, but the idea keeps coming back in your head? If not, it could just be my OCD acting up! Anyway, I have had an idea in my head for a week now and tonight I put it together.

The idea came when I picked up this stamp set from Stampin Up called "Have a Seat".
There was something about the bench stamp that just made me smile. How weird is that? A bench making me smile! 
I had a trio-frame set that I was not using. And I knew that I wanted to incorporate the stripe ribbon. 
On a piece of cream card stock I printed a saying that I really like from Sherry Dew..."If life were easy, it wouldn't be so hard." 
I then stamped the bench on the card stock. I cut the card stock to size and put it in the frame. Added the ribbon, and done. 5 minutes done
I think it is sweet. And you know what is funny? The bench and the saying have nothing to do with one another, but I love how it looks together! 
A nice little addition to my mantel.

Also, if you like this stamp set, you can head on over to Stampin Siblings and get the set for yourself!

8 comments:

  1. You are a GENIUS!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I have to say that I was shocked when I saw this set in the catalog - I thought "are they serious?!". And then when you chose to purchase it, I was thinking "really?!", but leave it to you to come up with something so clever. I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! ~Scot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene! I'm thinking that you never sit still! I am looking for some fun stamps so I'll have to go check out the link. Wishing you and your family a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I love the saying! Also, that stamp set is adorable. I'm new to your blog. Can't wait to look around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! love the colors and I love that saying too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project was so simple, but truly, makes me smile everytime I look at it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous!!! What a simple, but so lovely craft!!! ;) Thanks for linking this and all of your lovelies to Fancy This Fridays!!! I'm following now! Couldn't resist all your fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...