Custom Blog Design

Thursday, February 17, 2011

In George Michael's Words...

Ya Gotta Have Faith...

I know Easter if still 2 months away, but Easter is the only holiday where I don't have a lot of decorations for. I have been thinking a lot about that and I keep coming back to the Easter Bunny and Easter eggs. Well, let's face it, neither of those things have anything to do with the true meaning of Easter. And, while some cutesy Easter stuff is ok, I want to display something with a bit more meaning.

Easter is a time for FAITH. It does not matter what religious background you come from, or what you believe. You believe the way you do because you have FAITH that that is the truth.

So, tonight I came up with this...
a FAITH wall hanging. 
I started out with MDF board, cut to size. 
I painted the edges and in about an inch around all the edges. 
I cut the paper that I wanted to use to size. I used two different papers, a solid card stock and a patterned paper. I used Mod Podge to put the paper on the MDF. 
Cut out my letters and embellished the blocks. 
I drilled a hole in the top and bottom of each block and used twine to connect the blocks.  This can be tricky getting each side even! Be patient with this step! 
I now have FAITH in my house. :)

14 comments:

  1. I loved George Michael, and this is beautiful. nice Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I don't have much for Easter either, at least not what I'd like and have been thinking in those terms too- crosses, faith, etc. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME! My sister and I would love one of these in our homes. Adding this to our "To-Do" list! Thanks for sharing at Paisley Passions.

    {Heather}
    Love2sisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative project. I LOVE it!!

    I'm new to your blog...and simply adore it.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! It looks really neat with different size blocks ♥ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! This was a fun project to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your so right! I have alot of Easter, not surprising for a decorating beast like me! However, I am going to make a Faith banner for my doorway! Thanks for the thought and inspiration, I feel bad I never thought sooner and was wrapped up in the frivolous part of the day. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Such a GREAT word to share! :) Thanks for linking this and ALL your lovely projects to Fancy This Fridays!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there--a friend sent me a link to your blog a few months ago. You some of the greatest ideas and crafts. I really enjoy seeing what you make up next. Your sewing skills are so spectular--I'm a sewer and a quilted, but I'm nowhere close to the truly beautiful things you make. You have a brilliant eye for colors and patterns--such a beautiful gift. Thank you for sharing your talents.
    --janise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, and I must agree! Faith. Love the Faith wood letters you made! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going on my "must do list":) very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...