Custom Blog Design

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rolodex turned Birthday Calendar!

I know that I have told you that I am a calendar freak. Every time I turn around I am either buying or making a new calendar of sorts. Well, a couple of years ago, I made a great birthday calendar from a simple rolodex.

This is how the rolodex started life...
And, has ended up like this... 
Super fun & super easy to make! 
Definitely will make any desk more colorful!  
I love all the color that this little birthday calendar brings to my desk. 
I decorated a rolodex card to represent each month. 
January, February, March and April. I know some of the papers, ok, all of the papers are older papers. But, that is the beauty of this project, is that it just takes scraps! 
May, June, July and August 
September, October, November and December 
And then, just take a card to represent everyone in your family and decorate it! How cute is that?! 
Like I said, the calendar definitely makes my white desk have a bit more color!

If interested in getting the rolodex, you can find it HERE

19 comments:

  1. Ooh, i love this idea! Gotta go find me a rolodex thingy somewhere now... :D It looks like fun to make as well!
    This is so cute, nicely done too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This was very fun, and very easy! We all have scraps laying around...the only cost is the rolodex..$15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I've been looking for ideas to brighten my cubicle. I just might have to add this to it! I'd bet I can find an old rolodex somewhere! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable!! I'm going to have to buy a rolodex now! : ) I'm your newest follower from Katie's Crafty Soiree ~ hope you will stop by & follow me back!

    Aimee @
    www.justkiddingaroundatlanta@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS! What a great idea! I think I should make one for my mom for Mothers Day! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

    ~Lori @ Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this is such a wonderful idea!! Would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays next week @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great birthday gift this would make! I don't scrapbook anymore but I still have a patterned paper obsession... this could a way to put all of that to good use.

    Found you over at Tidy Mom's place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! I would never have thought of a project like this. So glad you linked it up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I am a brand new follower! I am so excited to be following your blog. This birthday Rolex is not only cute but what an amazing idea. I saw your post over at Hooking up with Hepworths.

    www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This rolodex is so much cuter than a normal one! It's so much fun!

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. saved this in my to do file! i'd definitely like to have something like this. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is amazing!! You paper crafters always impress me big time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I found you through Saturday Spotlight. This is such a great idea! I love it when people can oganize something AND make it pretty.

    I'm your newest follower!

    Kelly
    http://crazywego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am SUCH calendar/list junkie too! I LOVE this idea! And it would be cute as a present to someone too! I'm thinking the kids Grandma would LOVE it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are too much & this is just too cute for words!!

    Hi
    Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so cute. Much better than just a plain rolodex or calendar. Thank you for sharing. I'm trowing my first link party Monday. It would be great if you would stop by and add this tutorial. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...