Custom Blog Design

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring is in the air!

I know Valentines is here, and officially it is still winter. But, once I start making St. Patricks Day decorations, it is officially spring in my house! Plus, when you live in the desert and it is in the high 60's and 70's, it is easy to think it is spring.

For the past 5 months I have made "monthly block sets". Here is a recap of what I have done so far...

November:
December: 
January:
February: 
And now...March: 

I like the three clovers & how the brown, green, tan and yellow all work well together, it kinda breaks up all the green. 
Hahaha, this little guy makes me laugh! 

There you have it...now I gotta start thinking about April!

Have a great Monday!

I am linking these blocks here:

18 comments:

  1. These are absolutely wonderful! Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of your blocks! Where do you get them? Do you buy the blocks totally unfinished & then get to work or do you cut them yourself? I'm wanting to do a project just like this for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these block sets! Thanks for sharing your ideas.
    usmcconrads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the finished project. I want to purchase a kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies! I start from scratch with the wood...cut, sand, paint, sand and paint again. I am thinking of an Easter set for next month~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! What a great idea, so classy but so simple - except for the effort, lol. Thanks for the inspiration! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE these blocks... I just ordered a Cricut and this is what I planned on doing with it! CREATING, CREATING, CREATING! Loving your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love it! I am always looking for some cute St. Patty's day decor - we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are refinishing our basement and my hubby has tons on scrap wood. I keep telling him to save them for me so that I can make some of these! I see them all over blogland and love them. Yours are awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these too! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love them all. So much talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG i love all the different greens and browns! I have my own collection of blocks starting this would make a great project to do while the kids are at school!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Would love to see your versions of some St. Patricks Day blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute block decorations!!! Looks like you're full of great Holiday ideas!! :) Thank you for linking to Fancy This! Love seeing all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, amazing! Love that little guy on top too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...