Custom Blog Design

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Design on a Dime....ya, right!

One thing about me is that when I get an idea to do something...I don't stop obsessing about it until I do it! A couple of weeks ago I got the idea of putting up bead board in our downstairs bathroom. It is just a half bath, but it is the bathroom that company uses when they come over. Just like most, times are a bit tight around our house, so I knew I could not spend a lot of money. I had priced out bead board and "according to my calculations" (one of my son's favorite quotes), this project should cost $75 to put bead board up.

I talked to my handy-man...Bob, aka Dad. He was willing to help (he did 90% of the task) me put the bead board up. So off to Lowes...bead board, chair rail and panel adhesive...$120~ Wait! I am on a budget! Ok, I can handle not feeding the kids this week :)

I didn't think to take pictures until I had taken down the couple of pictures on the wall, and we had already taken the molding off around the floor.

So, here is the before...
Just a box for a bathroom
I had already taken the mirror down. Notice the pipes showing under the sink? Well, that has bugged me since we bought our house almost three years ago! I hate that sink!
I really didn't have a design idea...the only thing I knew is that I wanted bead board in the bathroom. So, here is the first completed sheet of bead board up... 
Already I love it! It took my dad and I a couple of days to complete this project. I bet it would have gone a lot faster without the hustle and bustle of kids!  
Originally I wanted to paint the upper half the soldier blue that is really popular right now...but now that the bead board is up, I think I will keep it the tan color. 
This is the new vanity and mirror. It was not in the budget to buy the vanity and mirror. But, sometimes you have to realize your limitations! Cutting the bead board around those pipes was a joke! So, to save the frustration level from going out of control, I made the executive decision to go back to Lowes. So, as much as I hated spending the money, I love the fact that the pipes are no longer showing, plus the vanity has storage in it!


Much better view from the hallway!  
The only thing missing is that I want a white shelf to go right under the wreath on the wall. Other than that, done!

28 comments:

  1. Your bathroom now looks fabulous! Love all your changes in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! That looks amazing! I've been thinking about doing that in our hall bath. Gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! What a difference the beadboard makes.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the new sink and mirror look great! Definitely the right decision. I wasn't aware this was called beadboard until now, I always just called it "the white board stuff". Now that I know the correct term, you've saved me from home repair embarrassment!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!!
    Kristy
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Awesome job! We did something similar in our bathroom. Just a different wall color!

    http://breadandbutter143.blogspot.com/2011/01/orange-you-glad-we-painted-bathroom.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for all of your nice comments! I do love the bathroom now, but I am still on the hunt for the perfect white shelf for below the wreath! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bathroom! I am thinking of putting beadboard in my bathroom! I also love the SIMPLIFY sign, that is my word for the year to try and simplify things! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful makeover! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and simple! LOVE IT! I laughed because I am the same way, I have to do something (create) the minute I think of it, or I go crazy and can't sit still. Thanks for linking your great projects. Love the paper ones too. winks- jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! Love the beadboard and that small cabinet in the corner. Did you refinish that for this room? Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I think it was well worth it to add that new sink - do it right the first time is my motto. it would have been a major pain in the rear, as you say and you gotta love the xtra storage in a bathroom! it looks great.!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!
    Stef
    itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - looks great. Just the added demension to the wall with the bead board makes it look so much brighter. Great project. Thank goodness for dad, right!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Turned out great! I think I may need to see it in person though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's amazing what some TLC (and labor) can do for a room! It looks absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that looks so awesome!! I can't believe how much lighther the room looks with just the addition of bead board. I have a tiny bathroom too that I haven't know what to do with. I think you have inspired me to add bead board for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SUPER SWEET comments! Thanks everyone! I love the bathroom now, but I am still on the hunt for that "perfect white shelf"....

    ReplyDelete
  19. It turned out beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice! I love the little corner cabinet.

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your remodel! I'm hoping to do the same to our new bathroom and I was able to show my hubby exactly what I wanted bc I came upon your blog this morn thru Stuff and Nonsense! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the remodel!! Beautiful upgrade!
    Carrie
    http://mycreativeescapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great redo! I am just itching to redo my guest bathroom too. It's either getting a board and batten or bead board treatment. I can't decide!

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks great! I just did my upstairs bath with bead board as well. Love the look. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic! What a transformation.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just stopping by to say I featured you today! You can grab a button off my blog to show off :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous job on your bathroom makeover! I love bead board and can't get enough of it... it jazzes up any plain old space!

    Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...