Some of you know that for Christmas my husband bought me a new embroidery machine and I couldn't be happier! Here it is March and I have yet to pull the embroidery unit out of the box. Shame! But, I have been using it as a sewing machine, and I LOVE this machinne!
This machine is a bit larger than my old machine, therefore the dust cover from the old machine would not work for my new machine. I have had an idea in my head for quite some time on what style dust cover I wanted.
So, tonight (this morning) I decided to make the dust cover for my new sewing machine. I started out by making some plans on a piece of paper.
I then started cutting fabric according to the measurements. Once the pieces for the cover were cut, I did add fleece interfacing to the wrong side of the fabric to help give the cover some shape.
I am using a natural cotton for the main fabric, then three strips of different fabric for the ruffles.
When I laid this out on the table, I thought it would make a really cute summer skirt! Hmmmm, inspiration,...
I added piping around the two ends of the cover and a big red flower to the front (I am not sure I like the flower, so I just pinned it there for now)
And, here is the finished cover!
I have to say, I really like how the red piping pops off of the natural cotton.
So, there you have it. I like it. And, now I don't have to worry about getting any of the desert dust on my new machine!
Happy Friday....off to bed for a few minutes! ;)