Custom Blog Design

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Scripture Totes

I have had some requests for scripture bags. These bags are on the way out the door and it is sad! Every time a bag leaves, I actually get sad! I get so attached to each and every bag that I make...but I know they will have a better life if I let them go...sniff, sniff!

Just kidding! I love to send these little babies out the door! I hope everyone likes them as much as I do!

I am such a fabric hoarder! I love them all! 
This little pretty is for a 12 year gal for her birthday! I have to say, I love the turquoise! 
I also love the layered flower on the front of the bag, as well as the jumbo size ric-rac! 
By far this is my favorite fabric, Heather Baily! As a matter of fact, this is the fabric that I am using for the inspiration of re-do I am doing in my sewing room. 
Polka dots rock! 
Speaking of polka dots.... 
I love the teeny tiny red polka dots on the lining! 
This funky bag is so fun! The front and back fabric is canvas, so super sturdy! 
Love the pink on the inside, it definitely softens to outside fabric!

I am sure that these bags will be put to good use, and that makes me happy!

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful bags! Do you have some fabric leftover that I can order one of the blue flowers? Glad to see your sewing and posting your projects again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene, your scripture bag's are beautiful, are you selling them online?
    have a blessed day,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all gorgeous! I really love that first flower too. So fun.
    xoxo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have searched the internet high and low for a pattern like this one. I love your bags and want to make one just like it for my daughter's baptism. Can you tell me the dimensions of your bag and how much fabric you use. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, I sell the scripture bags. I have just been so busy that I am behind the eight ball right now! I will be posting some soon in my Etsy shop.

    Corinne, the dimensions are approx. 10 inches wide, 8.5 inches tall and is 4 inches deep. Because I don't use a pattern, and I just cut, cut, cut the exact amount of fabric is less than a half yard of fabric, when using two different patterns. Or about 3/4 of a yard when using one pattern Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what do you use to line them so they hold shape?

      Delete
  6. Have you considered drafting the pattern and then selling it? Seems a lot of folks might buy that and you could make a ton of money.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. My little girl turns 8 this month and I would love to giver her a scripture tote worth putting her scriptures in. I too would love to buy one, hopefully there are some soon. in Pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much do you sell them for? I love the Heather Baily! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...