Custom Blog Design

Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Workshop

This afternoon, I was cleaning up my "workshop". I left the room, came back and thought, "This looks great, it actually is picked up and not a mess!" So, then my second thought was to snap some pictures so you can see where this "Crafty Girl" creates. I spend a lot of time in this room. I know that I am very lucky to have a space in our home dedicated to me. Especially, since I have a large family.

So, this is where I create:

This is the view of my office from the hallway. This is the best it will ever look! Once I get the fabric or the paper out, it's all over!
When you walk in, if you go to the right, that is the "computer station". I love my really big magnetic board that is above my computer. I really need want two more of the white cubes for the printer on the end there.
Along the back wall is a bay of windows that truly lets in a lot of natural light. The natural light is great for when I am sewing.
This is the wall to the left when you walk in. Yes, I know I should have folded the fabric nicely for you...but if I did, it would just be messed up in 5 minutes! So, please excuse. There was an opening from my office to the main family room, and we closed it off with shutters. I love this because I can be in my office and see what is going on in the main family room and into the kitchen! My younger boys still believe that I have eyes in the back of my head! :)
If you walk straight ahead in the office, you will come to my favorite chair ever! It is a super cute red/white check. There is an ottoman that matches, but there just isn't quite enough room for the ottoman. This chair I picked up at Goodwill for $40! And, it is an Ethan Allen chair. I love it when I find a good deal! 
This is the wall that is on the same side as the door. The cabinet holds all my fabric, and then some.

I would love to see everyone else's rooms/space where they create. Hmmm, sound like a great idea for a Linky party!

4 comments:

  1. I WISH I had a space like that to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job. I think its very well put together. I like it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wonderful workshop! I wish for a bigger home to have mine too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...