Custom Blog Design

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Little Make Up Bag

Tonight I have been doing quite a bit of sewing...5 bags to be exact. (I'll show those to you really soon!) But, before going to bed, I wanted to try making a little make up bag with wool. These little bags whip up quick when using a cotton fabric. But, I wanted to try this one with wool, which is much thicker. So, this is what I started with...
I had some dark heather grey wool and some Amy Butler fabric for the lining.  
An hour later and ta-da! I think this little make up bag is super sweet. Lately I have been into playing with felt, so I knew I wanted to add some sweet felt flowers to the front of the bag. 
I really like the dimension of the black beads for the center of the flowers. 
And, the Amy Butler fabric looks great as a liner! 
Yup, make up fits great! 
I love it! Good night all!

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful you should so try and sell these. Really Really Cute. I love the color combo! Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! That is so cute! Thanks for sharing you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup bag is so elegant looking. It's so very pretty, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! This little number was super fast and super easy....maybe I should make some more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... make some more and put them on your etsy site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! I am completely in LOVE with this makeup bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I love to ready all your great comments...you guys really know how to make a gal feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE!!!
    Thanks for linking up! I featured you on my wrap up post!! http://tidymom.net/2011/im-lovin-it-wrap-up-21311/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok i am so envious that your whipped this beauty up right before bed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...