Custom Blog Design

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Copy Cat Pin Cushion

Last week my friend, Amy of Ameroonie Designs along with her friend, Gwen of Gwenny Penny had a birthday party where they showed off some fun crafts that they made. Well, the craft that caught my eye was the pin cushion that they made.

Here is Amy's Pin Cushion:
And here is Gwen's Pin Cushion:
Pin_Cushion_Gwenny_Penny_1
Aren't they great! I knew instantly I wanted to make one for me. Here is why I wanted one so badly:
When I take pins out of the fabric while I am sewing, I just throw the pins down onto the table. Even though my pin cushion that I am currently using is on the table! 
So, when I am done sewing, I have to go back and pick up all the pins, or wipe them onto the floor and sweep them up! :) 

And, here is my new pin cushion!

I love, love, love the colors and fabrics! 
I really like the gadget part of the pin cushion for the few tools that you need more than not! 
And, the detachable thread catcher is great! 
And, of course, I had to make it to match my sewing machine cover!

Sew pretty!

The pattern is from Sew Mama Sew and the tutorial is great! The only thing I would do different is make the actual pin cushion heavier somehow. With the tools in the front, it tends to want to slide forward. But other than that, it is GREAT! Thanks Amy and Gwen for showing off your pin cushions to inspire me to make mine!

6 comments:

  1. Your version is very pretty too. This pincushion is on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them are wonderful, the fabrics you used are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! That thread catcher is clever...last night I put all my little threads on my pants. Not so great of an idea. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Irene!!! It's adorable... the fabrics, the color combo. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love these what a great idea!!! fabric is so pretty ♥
    hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to make one of these with the thread catcher is is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...