Custom Blog Design

Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Rooster for the Kitchen

I am very fortunate that I have an assistant (dad) that will cut and paint wood anytime I ask him to! He has all the tools, and he is a perfectionist! So, when I hand him a pattern (or two!), I know that the product I get back will be perfect!

Anyway, I wanted to add another Rooster to my kitchen. So, I gave my dad a pattern and an idea. He cut and painted, I added the paper, and this is what I ended up with...

Super cute, huh? I love him. This rooster is about 14 inches tall. After looking at the rooster, I thought he needed a mate. So....another pattern, more cutting, more painting and more paper...here is the chicken... 
I think she is cute too! The chicken is about 8 inches tall. 
Here they are together, totally a pair! 
For now, I have them on my buffet in my eating area. They won't say there long because I move things around just about daily!

You can see some of the other roosters in my kitchen HERE

Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. So so cute, I love the patterns and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute Irene. Will you be making those in your Crafty Girls group too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene those are darling! Love them both.:) The papers are fabulous and the design- wonderful!
    xoxo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this one! And, they match my decor . . . . just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cluck Cluck Cluck... so CUTE! winks-jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute chickens! Thanks for linking up to my party...stop over for a great giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh.. they are ADORABLE! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! My favorite is the rooster. Can I pay you to make me some?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the lovely comments. I have to say, I love these little birds too! Sharon...you come to Vegas and you can have a set! :) Allyo: I tried to email you, but your email isn't listed...I do make these as kits for a workshop that I host once a month. The hard part with the kits is the shipping cost. If after the workshop there are kits left, I will let you know and if you are interested we'll talk! The workshop is this Saturday the 16th, so I will let you know next week!

    Thanks again for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello , I super Love the set , do you sell the patterns ??? LMK Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...