Custom Blog Design

Monday, July 16, 2012

A little bit of black paint!

That's right...a little black paint never hurt anything! In fact, I think that it is safe to say, a little black paint helps everything! Example...
Here is the hutch that is in my dining area of my kitchen. I love it. It has a whitewash on the simple pine wood.

It has served me well...but the dishes kinda get lost in the hutch, so I needed to change that.

So, on a whim, I painted it black! Now all you experts out there cover your ears for a moment...

I didn't dust, clean, strip, sand or anything before I slapped the paint on!!!! And, it still worked!

My girlfriend asked if I was going to leave the inside natural while I was painting the hutch...hadn't thought about it until that moment, and so I went with her idea, and I love it.

Even though the back of the hutch is still natural, I think that the plates and such still look great!

So, now on to painting the table and chairs...I will keep you posted! And, don't be afraid to paint something with a little bit of black paint!

Oh, and by the way, the little cream sample on the wall to the left of the hutch is the color of the wainscoting that I hope to put up soon! :)

9 comments:

  1. It looks so much fresher with the black paint! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I have to agree...definately a more crisp look! Have a great week~ Irene

      Delete
  2. LOVE it! And can't wait to see the wainscoting too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks terrific! Brush or spray? I need the particulars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! Foam brush and a quart of paint! I sure miss you!

      Delete
  4. I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Pedro who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when I applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business. Mr Pedro granted me a loan without delay. Here is Mr Pedro, email/ pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...