Custom Blog Design

Monday, September 5, 2011

Secret Family Recipe - Broccoli Salad

I almost feel like the dog from the Bush's Baked Beans commercials - spilling the beans on a great recipe! I want  to share with you today a family recipe for Broccoli Salad! This salad is absolutely one of my all time favorites! I made this earlier today for dinner tonight and while I was making it I thought that I should share it with everyone - so everyone can love it!

Creasy Family Recipe for Broccoli Salad

Ok, let's get started! 

Salad:
2 stalks fresh broccoli, cut into small flowerets
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 Cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 pkg. pasta, cooked

Combine all ingredients in a bowl


Dressing:
1/2 Cup sugar
2T vinegar
1 Cup mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients for the dressing together


Pour the dressing over the salad & toss.


YUMMY!


Then refrigerate until time to serve.
The best part about this salad is that it tastes better if you make it the day before you want to eat it!

I hope you like this salad as much as I do!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...