Custom Blog Design

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Give Thanks Banner!

I know that the fall season has just started, but...oh how I wish that the fall season would last longer! I love to decorate our home with the fall colors. So, this last week I made a decoration for our home....
I love the addition of a new "GIVE THANKS" Banner!

I decided that I wanted to make the banner using a hard backing on it so that it would store away easy and not ruin. Sometimes paper crafts get ruined while being stored. 
So, I asked my dad to cut out each pennant of the banner with 1/4 inch backing board. (Not too sure if that is what it is called, but it is super smooth and super strong and works great!) 
I started to collect the embellishments that I thought I wanted to use. I was not too sure where I was going with the idea, but I knew I wanted both paper and felt on the banner. 
Here is what it is looking like with the paper layered up on it. I love the doily for the center! 
I used gold glitter paper for the letters. Trust me, the glitter is there! 
The banner would have been way too long if I used the word GIVE as well, so the word GIVE is on a small pennant on the "T" pennant. 
I love the bird punch from Stampin Up! 
And, here is the felt...I love this flower! I also used felt under each letter between the doily and the blue fan fold paper flower. 
I connected all the pennants together with brown w/ glitter tulle. I love this banner! I am truly grateful for this season.

1 comment:

  1. This is just fabulous, but everything you create is fabulous! Love this project and you too! ;)
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...