Custom Blog Design

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Time for some cards...

What do you get when your husband and kids are all gone for the night camping? A very quiet house and lots of time to create! YEA! I did a lot of crafting tonight and I wanted to share one of the things that I did. I made a BUNCH of much needed cards!
I belong to a monthly scrap kit club called My Scrapbook Nook and most everything I used tonight is from the May kit. 
I LOVE the mini canvas butterflies from Maya Road! 
As you can tell I did kinda a production line of card making. I figure, why deviate from something that is so cute! 
I ran out of the stinking cute canvas butterflies, so I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch instead. 
Super easy cards!  
I love to add dimension to cards. 
Last, but not least, I wanted to make a card for our daughter who is away at college...ok, maybe I got a little but carried away, but I still love it! :) It's easy to get carried away when it is 5:00 a.m. and still haven't gone to bed! 

My inspiration for my cards came from a dear friend, Kristy from Craftin-on-my-door who inspired me with this card that she made.....
When Kristy made this card, I loved it instantly! I love using the doily as the base of the cards! The sky is starting to get light...maybe I should go lay down for a bit, or go back to crafting! :)

7 comments:

  1. Well hi there Irene! It's been ages since I've heard from you..your cards are so pretty! Glad to see your still crafting and sewing, but 5am? You must've really been in the zone! I can barely keep my eyes open past 9pm no matter what I do. Hows your parents doing? Has your dad been making you anything for projects? Sure good to see you're alive. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry~ Thanks so much for the nice comment! I have to admit, I was only up because I was the only one home last night (hubby and kiddos went camping) and I don't do well alone...I've watched way too many episodes of First 48 and Criminal Minds! You have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. lovely cards Irene. I have to second the first comment- I could not pull an all nighter- even if I wanted to! :) It paid off though, beautiful stuff friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I didn't have a choice about staying up all night! I am a BIG chicken when it comes to being home alone! So, I knew I couldn't go to bed because of my fears...I took a really long nap on Saturday!

      Delete
  3. Sooo pretty Irene! I really like the sentiments on some of them. That's something I'm aspiring to do: use more sentiments and greetings on my cards. You've given me some great ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...